We work hard year-round to deliver reliable service, but when big storms strike and damage equipment, outages can result.
An ounce of preparation can mean a world of difference if you’re left without power due to a storm, disaster or emergency.
Consider using surge protectors to help protect your appliances and electronics. Keep in mind that not all power strips are surge suppressors, and different surge suppressors provide different protection. Some surge suppressors also include cable and phone jacks to provide the same protection to your phone, fax, computer modem and television.
Prepare a storm kit
- Bottled water (one gallon per person per day).
- Nonperishable food and non-electric can opener.
- Blankets, bedding and toiletries.
- Baby formula, diapers, bottles and wet wipes, if needed.
- First-aid kit and enough prescription medicines.
- Pet food, supplies and additional water.
- Flashlight with fresh batteries.
- Battery-operated radio.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Paper plates and plastic utensils.
- Extra cash.
- Emergency contact information.
- Manufacturer’s instructions for power-operated garage doors.