For customers who would like additional information on new meters, we’ve assembled these links from independent agencies and organizations.
- Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission information page on Act 129 - the state law that requires utilities like PPL Electric Utilities to install advanced meters
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI) blog post on meter safety: “Smart Meters Are Not Dangerous”
- American Cancer Society information page on meter safety
- Public Utility Commission of Texas study on health and RF emissions from advanced meters – includes references to other studies
- Statement by Landis & Gyr on meter information security – Landis & Gyr manufactures the new meters being installed by PPL Electric Utilities
Please note that these information sources are not affiliated with PPL Electric Utilities. Clicking these links will take you to other websites.