Underground power lines
PPL maintains underground power lines in some parts of its service territory. Making contact with those underground lines could cause injury or death.
- Call 811 – the call is free – before digging with power equipment. By calling 811, you ensure that a survey is done in the dig area for underground power lines and other utilities.
- Call 811 at least three business days before any type of dig, whether with a shovel or power equipment.
- Know this information when calling 811:
- The street name and address of the dig.
- The nearest intersection.
- The name of the company doing the work (if applicable).
- For more information on safe digging, visit www.pa811.org or www.pa1call.com.
Back to top