Collars are installed between the residential electric meter and a meter socket. The following lists the manufacturers and model numbers that have been submitted on previous projects, reviewed by PPL EU, and accepted for use. If other manufacturers or models are proposed for use, please submit all pertinent technical information to PPL Electric Utilities for review.
Manufacturer's model number designation is subject to change by the manufacturer at their discretion.
This list will be updated as additional models / manufacturer’s equipment are reviewed. However, the review will be done on an as-need basis only or by specific request.
Global Power Products – GenerLink Transfer Switch Meter Collar
Safely Connect a Portable Generator To Your Home Without Rewiring.
- MA23-N, Non-Surge (30 AMP)
- MA23-S, Surge (30 AMP)
- MA24-N, Non-Surge (40 AMP)
- MA24-S, Surge (40 AMP)
ConnectDER - creating a connection point to a Meter Collar
The ConnectDER™ enables rapid connection of grid-ready distributed energy resources (DERs), especially solar photovoltaic systems, by creating a connection point to a collar that installs between a residential electric meter and a meter socket.
- Simple ConnectDER - provides the basic connection
- Smart ConnectDER - equipped with cellular communications module, providing metering and management functions
- Smart ConnectDER - equipped with Landis+Gyr AMI communications module, providing metering and management functions (Utility Approval Required)