There are new requirements in place that apply to inverter based generation DER applications filed with PPL on or after Jan. 1, 2021. These enable inverter monitoring and management by PPL on certain systems. Read the Solar Inverters page on REMSI for more information including a link to a list of approved inverters that meet the requirements.
A new REMSI website to go live!
Which is tentatively scheduled for 9/22/2020.
- What is being changed: The REMSI pages will be streamlined and converted to all searchable PDFs.
- What will happen: Your Links to REMSI will be broken!
- Awareness: Please be aware of the change as it can be a disruption in accessing your favorite links.
- Action: PPL will make effort to redirect to new pages, but it can't be guaranteed.
Fast Track Program: Reminder fast track program is still available to qualified electricians, contact PPL Electric Utilities for more information.
See Rule 34.
REMSI Self-Contained Metering Change:
When does it begin and what is happening?
- Beginning 1/1/2018, we will no longer be accepting new designs for single phase and three phase CL480 (600A) bolt in style meters. We will also not be accepting new designs for 480V self-contained metering CL200 and CL320 (400A) both single phase and three phase.
What is the replacement?
- A 48x48 CT Cabinet with a 3 finger Benelex should be used instead.
New online inspections from PPL Electric Utilities
Beginning March 1, 2016, only inspections submitted online will be accepted. The fax process will be discontinued.